PDA

View Full Version : Hi

WILLIAM STANELL
02-10-2010, 05:12 PM
My name is Bill Stanell

I own a 28gauge VH 26 inch barrels checkered butt, first parker I own bought is 4 weeks ago and am about to purchase another VH 28 gauge with 28inchbarrels.. Both are "Babe" refinished, and nice smooth rising guns.

I may also get a VHE 28 gauge 28inch original 70% case colored excellent wood. Does any one reccomend Delgrecoor Turnbough(sp?) or keep it as is??

Dave Suponski
02-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Bill,Welcome to the PGCA! And with a life membership as well..Outstanding! I gotta tell ya to start off with a couple of 28's is one hell of a way to get going. The fellas on this board are a great bunch for the most part and there is a wealth of information to be mined here.

But I must warn you this Parker collecting is very addictive and there is no known cure......:crying:

Also we get together from time to time to shoot and admire these old guns.Where do you call home?

Hang on.... Your in for a ride......:rolleyes:

Dean Romig
02-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Welcome Bill!
On a 70% 28 ga. VHE you would cut the value in half by having it refinished... don't do it.

Harry Collins
02-11-2010, 06:54 AM
Bill,

Dean is right on the money. The only way I could afford my 28 gauge Parker is because someone reblued the barrels and trigger guard as well as refinished the stock and recut the checkering. I picked mine up for half of what most untuched 28 gauges go for.

Harry

Eric Eis
02-11-2010, 09:33 AM
Starting off with just 28 gauges... Wow, most Parker guys start out with a 12 and you already have two 28's and a third one in the wings:shock: Lucky man. And as Dean said do not under any circumstances touch that 70% 28 ga:nono: Welcome to the club....

Lee St.Clair
02-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Welcome Mr Stanell,
You DO have these guys drooling. And you attained 'parkeritis' with out the assistance of these guys. Wow. Please give your wife/best friend my email address to contact me when your malady is out of control. Most of these guys admit they have a 'problem' but are too 'afflicted' to seek an 'intervention'. Blessings, Lee

PS John, I think you need to make a few additions to the rules of this forum:
WARNING: 'parkeritis' is contagious. Enter at your own risk.
and, 'If you are going to discuss your 28 gauge, please supply all forum readers with 'drool buckets'(from Saturday night live a 'few' years ago) as to not destroy their keyboards.':rotf:

David Dwyer
02-11-2010, 02:25 PM
Bill
Welcome to the "CLUB" . As you have heard,you are off to a hell of start with those 28's. Please do not touch that VHE 28ga. That is a very nice gun and would be treasured by any of us. I collect Parker 28 ga and that is a treasure.
There is a great gathering of the Parker clan this April at the Southern SXS in Sanford NC.
David

WILLIAM STANELL
02-12-2010, 11:47 PM
well I've been saving for a while and the investment is better than the market'!! ha

WILLIAM STANELL
02-12-2010, 11:49 PM
I'm just learning to send pics on here put one on tonight of my first 28 VH

WILLIAM STANELL
02-12-2010, 11:51 PM
Welcome Bill!
On a 70% 28 ga. VHE you would cut the value in half by having it refinished... don't do it.

wont touch it then thanks

WILLIAM STANELL
02-12-2010, 11:52 PM
picture to come

Chuck Bishop
02-14-2010, 08:53 PM
Hello Bill,

As Dave mentioned there is a large SxS gathering in Sanford NC the last week of April however I also want to invite you to my Central Pa SxS fun shoot in Harrisburg on May 15th. You'll meet many Parker, Smith, Fox, and other SxS shooters. New Hope isn't that far away!

Hope you can make it.

http://www.parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1049

Chuck Bishop