PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Hollow Scores Posted

Robert Rambler
06-10-2014, 06:15 PM
http://hhhsc.net/?p=565

Rich Anderson
06-10-2014, 07:37 PM
thank God I'm there for the guns and their use and not the score, I'm embarrassed to even look:shock:

Dean Romig
06-10-2014, 08:29 PM
You're not there Rich.... remember - you forgot to turn in your scorecard?... or something like that :whistle:

Mark Ouellette
06-10-2014, 08:42 PM
Hey, I turned in my scorecard but they didn't have an 8 gauge class! What a bunch of small bore snobs! :nono:

Dave Suponski
06-10-2014, 09:11 PM
Score card what the hell is a score card??????:rolleyes:

Bill Murphy
06-11-2014, 12:52 PM
For those who don't know, yet, Mark Oullette shot a 38 on the Hunter's Clays course with his Parker eight gauge. What a guy. Maybe he will tell us about his big eight and post some pictures.

Rich Anderson
06-11-2014, 02:14 PM
When Daryl and I turned in our cards we surpassed the 11am deadline. Not only can we not shoot but telling time and reading the rules seems to be a problem as well:shock:

Rick Losey
06-11-2014, 02:24 PM
When Daryl and I turned in our cards we surpassed the 11am deadline. Not only can we not shoot but telling time and reading the rules seems to be a problem as well:shock:

was your watch on Dickinson County time??

Rich Anderson
06-11-2014, 02:28 PM
No it was on "the who cares" time. actually we were on the course.

Pete Lester
06-11-2014, 02:37 PM
For those who don't know, yet, Mark Oullette shot a 38 on the Hunter's Clays course with his Parker eight gauge. What a guy. Maybe he will tell us about his big eight and post some pictures.

No easy fete for him or anyone else. Mark was showing me the gun and let me hold it. It was one heavy beast and I could feel the strain in my forearm when I pointed it. Of course once you get that gun moving momentum is going to keep you from stopping your swing. Nice woodcockin' gun for sure :)

Eric Eis
06-11-2014, 03:04 PM
No easy fete for him or anyone else. Mark was showing me the gun and let me hold it. It was one heavy beast and I could feel the strain in my forearm when I pointed it. Of course once you get that gun moving momentum is going to keep you from stopping your swing. Nice woodcockin' gun for sure :)

Pete
The problem is when you are swinging on a right to left crosser and then have to stop the momentum to swing on that left to right crosser.... :eek: I really don't know how he does that, 14+ pounds swinging one direction and then stopping it to swing the other way...... That's good shooting.

Frank Cronin
06-11-2014, 03:07 PM

I agree what Pete, Eric, and Bill have said. The presentation of targets were quick crossing shots and most of the second clay targets for the true pairs the shooter needed to react quickly for a score or you lost the clay in the trees and brush. Not an easy feat to do hefting up a 15 lb gun and what was it....? 36" barrels? I think Mark shot the 8 gauge all weekend. Every time I saw him he was carrying the 8 gauge. He got a nice work out carrying that gun up and down those hills....

Mark let me shoot his 8 gauge I never shot before that scratched one more thing on my "bucket list". 1 3/4 oz of lead on a gun that massive had minimal recoil.

Thanks Mark!

Dean Romig
06-11-2014, 04:31 PM
Mark's 8 gauge DH weighs 14 pounds plus some ounces and he was shooting the equivalent of. bob-white quail and ruffed grouse targets.

I wish Mr. Dunkle had a 'genuflecting' emoticon :bowdown:

Rich Anderson
06-11-2014, 04:41 PM
He IS the guy to follow....far less foliage to deal with:rotf: :rotf:

One 8ga shell is equivalent to almost two of my 3/40z 20ga loads.

Bill Murphy
06-11-2014, 06:46 PM
I'm not sure he was shooting 1 3/4 ounce loads. Junior Charlie Brooks loads his eight gauge with 1 1/8 ounces and shot an 8X10 in last year's Bo Whoop.

Mark Ouellette
06-11-2014, 06:56 PM
I shot 1 3/4 oz of 7 1/2's which trimmed a few tree limbs that got between me and those clay targets.

Shooting those loads from low gun even my 14 1/2 pound DH with 36" barrels would thump me good if I didn't get her square in my shoulder! That happened more than once...

Mike.Smith
06-11-2014, 10:16 PM
I was also fortunate enough to shoot with Mark during his round of 38, and he let me shoot a few rounds with the 8ga as well. If you knew the work that goes into even loading these industrial shells, you'd be even more impressed. Mark, thanks again for letting me shoot the gun, it was also my first time shooting an 8ga.

Mike

Kevin McCormack
06-20-2014, 04:02 PM
I'm not sure he was shooting 1 3/4 ounce loads. Junior Charlie Brooks loads his eight gauge with 1 1/8 ounces and shot an 8X10 in last year's Bo Whoop.

"That's nothing"...I shot a 7 x 10 on the Bo Whoop this year using a 10 lb. HE Super-Fox I'd never even loaded before, using Wally World "Petite Kaolin Grinder" 7/8 oz. 1125 fps training loads! Perfect for that No. 3 bird - the shot and the target hit the ground at the same time!