PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever seen one of these???

Marvin Kells
02-05-2010, 07:26 AM
I thought this gun was deserving of a separate post. :)

The article is from the April/May 1989 Shooting Sportsman.

Has anyone ever heard of, or actually seen, one of these guns? I wonder if more than one were actually produced? Incredible engraving!

Kenny Graft
02-05-2010, 07:59 AM
Thats the one in Parker story...I have never seen any listed for sale over the past 5 years. Very few Rare Repro's are showing up these days, Im shocked about the number of 410 set that are availible as we speek! Im sure a only 9 DHE guns exist... I have found 6 by S.N. and a 7th that the owner will not send me the S.N. of the set. That only leaves 2 more sets>>>> if parker story is correct...it states 9 DHE 410-s made. The duck stamp model...I would guess only one year was started and a total of 10 guns was on the board to make each year. That could be the only one made??? I would bet three were made....thanks Kenny Graft SXS ohio...(-:

Gregory Miller
02-27-2010, 09:04 PM
If Geoff Gournet engraved these, might check with Geoff. He has a website and is in NY. I know he did the A-1 Specials.

Robin Lewis
02-27-2010, 10:00 PM
I spent an hour or more talking to Jack on the phone when these were introduced and as I remember it, at that time they sold for about a 2K premium over the A1S. I decided not to get it and picked up a 28ga Parker instead. I have never seen or noted one being sold, I to wonder if they made any others. They were fully custom, stock, wood, engraving (other than the stamp). I seem to remember Jack telling me the engraving was being done by an Italian engraver but it was years ago and I am getting older, if you know what I mean. Jack intended to sell a few each year and in the year it was made, the duck would match the fed duck stamp of that year.

I probably should have bought it!:violin:

Tom Kidd
02-28-2010, 01:35 AM
My corroded mental hard drive seems to remember seeing one of these at Mr. Gournet's shop/house/???. Some where around here I have a bunch of photographs of his engraving plates that he gave me and I believe a few are of this or one of these guns. I will root around and see what I can find, but Mr. Gournet is very easy to talk to and can clear this question up pronto.

Bill Murphy
02-28-2010, 08:04 AM
Geoffrey Gournet engraved the custom A-1 Specials but did not engrave the catalogued A-1 Specials that we see offered for sale occasionally. Several years ago, Kevin McCormack, at the Baltimore Show, displayed several examples of .410 Repros, including the catalogued BHE .410 and an outstanding Gournet engraved custom A-1 Special .410, both on the extremely rare 0000 frame. The .410 we see offered for sale occasionally have barrels marked 0000, but are actually built on the much more common 00 frame.

Bill Murphy
02-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Marvin, have you seen the brochure where the Duck Stamp model was offered? Maybe the brochure gives more information.

Marvin Kells
02-28-2010, 07:47 PM
Bill,

No, the only thing I've ever read about this gun was the article I posted above.

George M. Purtill
04-23-2016, 06:25 AM
This was a 2010 thread.
Since this time has anyone actually seen a Duck Stamp Special, in the flesh so to speak?

Greg Baehman
04-23-2016, 09:10 PM
Although I haven't seen one in the flesh, but about 4 years ago Billie Bryant in California was selling several desirable Repros for "Grand Dad" that he had listed on Guns International. One of these was a case-colored Duck Stamp Special identified as being a 20-gauge with instructions to call for pricing. For the heck of it I called, asking price was $60,000.00. I passed.