PDA

View Full Version : trigger plate

calvin humburg
02-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Do u have 2 make a right angle screwdriver 2 remove the plate screw under trigger guard or does trigger guard pivot? felt pretty tight. ch

E Robert Fabian
02-02-2010, 07:08 PM
When you remove trigger guard screw pull trigger toward muzzle and up, then you will be able to unscrew trigger guard off receiver.

calvin humburg
02-02-2010, 07:26 PM
got trigger gard off receiver can't get it off stock, screw i cant get 2 under trigger guard. screw holds back of floor plate 2 stock. how is trigger guard hooked 2 floor plate? stright grip lifter

E Robert Fabian
02-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Lifter, I'm not going to be any help.

Austin W Hogan
02-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Remove the screws that attach the tang of the gaurd to the stock. Lift the tang and turn the entire gaurd to unscrew it. The locks must be removed to see the 4 40 headless screw that closes the yoke that connects the lifter to the bolt

I think there are pictures showing this on older posts

Best, Austin

calvin humburg
02-02-2010, 09:56 PM
So screw trigger guard out of floor plate counterclockwise. then u can get 2 back floorplate screw and remove floorplate from stock. action is dissambled and i have that fear that some little peice went where small screws, check balls, and springs go u know that black hole in the shop.

Dean Romig
02-02-2010, 10:44 PM
groan . . . :(

calvin humburg
02-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Gotter done thanks Austin.

Francis Morin
02-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Calvin- one trick I use on my gunners workbench- I have several small horseshoe magnets- as all the metal parts of Parkers are made of ferrous metals of various grades- they will all stick to a magnet-hopefully preventing their loss- Austin knows those older lifters, as he does other types of Parkers over the years- I'll pass on the lifters, as I have no experience (yet) with them--But slow and steady, carefully fitted screwdrivers, plenty of lighting on your work area are all helpful-- good luck!!:duck:

calvin humburg
02-04-2010, 07:07 AM
sound advice Francis. Gonna get a magnet 2 hold stuff till i get it in bag. Light.......I'm 47 started glasses couple years ago, man I can rember the days working under car dash without light.