PDA

View Full Version : Lapeer, MI SxS Shoot

Paul Harm
04-02-2014, 10:26 AM
Our shoot is May 10th this year. Fliers will be going out this week to all those who have attended before. Anyone else wishing one please contact me at bladesmith46@hotmail.com . We'll have skeet, trap, wobble trap, 5-stand, duck towers, flurry, pigeon ring, and sporting clays along with the steak dinner. Free dealer tables to sell or show your items. I just had back surgery so I'm depending on the guys to get things ready and I'm sure they will. Hope to see everyone again and maybe some new faces. Paul

Eric Eis
04-02-2014, 11:48 AM
I'll be there and I'll pass the word Paul

Rich Anderson
04-02-2014, 08:20 PM
Count me in also.

paul stafford jr
04-02-2014, 09:37 PM
I cant wait its one of the best, my son and I will be there. my back has been under knife too, I wish you all the best and hope your feeling better

Morris Davis
04-03-2014, 03:31 PM
I hope to come I used to shoot the Attica black powder rendezvous with WWCCA but it started to get in the way of duck season. I too have had back surgery last month it looks like all us double gun nuts are going to pot

Rich Anderson
04-03-2014, 05:59 PM
May 10th, as it's Pauls shoot it could still snow....or rain....or both. A word of caution be prepared with foul weather gear and layered clothing:rotf:

Eric Eis
04-04-2014, 09:13 AM
May 10th, as it's Pauls shoot it could still snow....or rain....or both. A word of caution be prepared with foul weather gear and layered clothing:rotf:

That is very true, I really don't know what Paul did to piss off the weather Gods, but whatever it was he really did a "Good Job" of it..:rolleyes:

Paul Harm
04-05-2014, 07:10 PM
Come on - it's going to be a great sunny day.

Rich Anderson
04-06-2014, 08:30 AM
:Come on - it's going to be a great sunny day.

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:
I'm bringing rain gear!

Mark Ouellette
04-06-2014, 08:46 AM
Rain or shine Paul Harm's Lapeer SxS shoot is always one of the best!

The pigeon ring is pretty challenging, the sporting clays is "in the woods" sort of lile one is hunting..., and the 5-stand has covered, darn near "indoor" firing points! The 5-stand, skeet, and trap fields along with the pigeon ring are handicap accessible.

Rich Anderson
04-06-2014, 12:31 PM
I'm looking forward to the Pigeon Ring to defend my win from last year esp now that I have a real Pigeon gun:)

Paul Harm
04-07-2014, 11:08 AM
After your win last year someone said " even a blind squirrel finds a nut sooner or latter ". Were they referring to you ? No, they couldn't have been.

Rich Anderson
04-07-2014, 05:29 PM
This Squirrel will be ready to defend with both eyes open...most of the time:)

Rich Anderson
05-08-2014, 04:55 PM
It's rained all week including this am but it has cleared and warmed up....until tomorrow when the rain comes back. Sat is calling for 60 and a chance of yup you guessed it more rain.

If any of you are in a drought area have Paul schedule a shoot it will either rain or snow....which I haven't discounted either.

Eric Eis
05-09-2014, 10:55 AM
It's rained all week including this am but it has cleared and warmed up....until tomorrow when the rain comes back. Sat is calling for 60 and a chance of yup you guessed it more rain.

If any of you are in a drought area have Paul schedule a shoot it will either rain or snow....which I haven't discounted either.

Rich, could not have said it better.....:rotf::rotf:

Fred Preston
05-10-2014, 07:32 AM
Paul, I am not going to make the drive up this morning as something came up on the place that needs attention. Looks like you're going to have nice weather for the day. Probably ought to charge Rich and Eric a little extra for that. The best for a great event. Fred

Dave Suponski
05-10-2014, 03:21 PM
Posted for Mark

Rich Anderson
05-11-2014, 08:15 AM
We had a great shoot and the weather couldn't have been better. it rained all week long but Saturday was the best day weather wise we have ever had for this shoot.

Mark Ouellette
05-11-2014, 12:15 PM
As usual the PGCA's Paul "Bladesmith" Harm and his crew from the Lapeer Michigan Sportsman's Club held a wonderful SxS shoot! Add to that a catered steak dinner at the closing ceremony.

For PGCA "outreach" we set up a simple display which attracted a lot of attention. After a couple hours of non stop answering questions I had to slip away and let other members handle the curious.

Mark Ouellette
05-11-2014, 12:19 PM
Paul's sporting clays "in the woods" is always representative of upland game!

Mark Ouellette
05-11-2014, 12:23 PM
There was a "Duck Boat" competition and of course our favorite, a (clay) pigeon ring!

Our Crusty Old Bast... (C.O.B.) won the match is a shoot off. He shot a B Grade Parker which I foolishly sold him... Oh well, it wasn't a 10 Gauge!

John Dallas
05-11-2014, 01:37 PM
Wow! What's the LOP of the 3rd gun from the left in the gun rack picture? Looks like about 17", with about a 12" beavertail

Rich Anderson
05-11-2014, 06:15 PM
John that's The Hollywood gun. A GHE 16 two bbl set special ordered through Alex Kerr's of Beverly Hills, CA for Major General William Bradford. the gun has been restocked but the LOP is 15 inches and the BTF is 11 inches to the end of the metal. The two forearms are original to the gun. It left Parker as a two bbl set both 28 inches, one set skt/skt the other M/F with all the options. It's my go to clay's gun.

I was happy to defend my Pigeon ring title with the BHE Pigeon gun Mark sold me. A blind pig can still find the acorns:rotf:

John Dallas
05-11-2014, 07:02 PM
Hooray for Hollywood!