PDA

View Full Version : barrel removel for a good cleaning

gregcrum
01-24-2010, 04:42 PM
i have a side by side parker brothers shotgun. i want to tear it down completely and clean it good but i cant seem to figure out how to remove the barrels.

Harry Collins
01-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Make sure it is unloaded. Close the gun. If it is a Trojan grasp the forend at its tip and pull out. Oprn the gun and the barrels will come off. Other Parkers follow all of the above except you will need to pll the lever on the forend to get it off.

Harry

gregcrum
01-26-2010, 06:25 PM
i have the forarm off and the screw below the barrel removed and tryed pulling it off but it still wont budge

it is a vh model

Robin Lewis
01-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Is there any possibility you could post a picture of what you have and what you have done?

gregcrum
01-26-2010, 07:12 PM
i have pics on my profile of the gun you can see the screw that i had removed from belox the barrels i will work on getting you more pics of the gun

Robin Lewis
01-26-2010, 07:36 PM
It looks like the bottom of the frame and the bottom plate are separated or loose? If that is the case, maybe one of the experienced Parker gunsmiths or mechanics can help. But, pictures of whats apart or loose will be of great help I'm sure.

To load a picture here use the advanced button on the "quick reply" text box and in the list there is a manage attachments option. Remember the pictures canb't be to big.

Dave Suponski
01-26-2010, 07:48 PM
Am I missing something here? What picture are you looking at Robin?

Robin Lewis
01-26-2010, 08:12 PM
Dave, There are pictures in his public profile..... I'm assuming that is the gun with the problem and why I suggested he post pictures here.

Dean Romig
01-26-2010, 08:24 PM
Greg, you need to get your Parker to someone who knows what he's doing before any serious damage is done to that gun . . .

gregcrum
01-29-2010, 06:43 PM
the pics in my profile is of the gun that i am talking about. ok i will take it to a gun smith and have them look at it.

Jack Cronkhite
02-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Greg: Dean is right and you are taking that advice. One thing, not all gun smiths know these guns, so you might want a recommendation from forum members. If you post your location, I'm sure you will get info on a Parker competent smith somewhere reasonably close.

The floor plate is definitely not seated and the screws are not aligned correctly. Someone may have tried to seat the floor plate by pulling it in with the screws, rather than seating it by hand and then tightening the screws. Also, the left and right screw are not interchangeable. Those screws may be stripped now, which would be a pain.

One can do this themselves, but you need some proper tools, knowledge on proper sequence of dismantling, re-assembly and to be prepared to find something broken inside that will be a pain to find an original or properly made replacement. Not sure just how many screws, parts and springs are ultimately involved but there are many more than you would think when looking at an assembled gun. Good luck with this project.
Jack

Harry Collins
02-03-2010, 12:03 PM
The floor plate might tighten up. I fear the cocking slide is not aligned. The best bet is to remove the floor plate (be careful of the trip sping and pin under the cocking lever) and place the cocking slide in correct psition then replace the floor plate. The barrels will come off once the floor plate and cocking slide are off the gun. Again, be careful of the trip, spring and pin.

Harry