PDA

View Full Version : The Parker Repro Story

Marvin Kells
01-24-2010, 09:23 AM
I thought an article originally sent to me by Richard Flanders would be of interest to fellow repromaniacs. :) I've also included scans of some Repro brochures and ads.

All can be viewed and/or downloaded at the following site.

http://gallery.me.com/mkells#100050

Enjoy!

Robin Lewis
01-24-2010, 10:05 AM
Marvin,

Nice job, thanks!

Dave Fuller
01-24-2010, 02:09 PM
Great stuff Marvin thanks! The tables that show the matrices of possible configurations continue to confound, especially when it comes to chamber length. Any idea what the date on the Jack Skeuse dealer letter is?

Dean Romig
01-24-2010, 02:59 PM
Marvin, thank you so much for sharing that with us.

Best, Dean

Greg Baehman
01-24-2010, 06:45 PM
Great stuff Marvin, thank you!

There were at least a couple more Repro brochures printed in addition to what you've posted. If you'd like, I could take pics and e-mail them to you to add what you've created.

Marvin Kells
01-25-2010, 07:48 AM

There were at least a couple more Repro brochures printed in addition to what you've posted. If you'd like, I could take pics and e-mail them to you to add what you've created.
Greg,

I used a flat bed scanner and "saved as" .jpgs files so I could post them in a photo album. If you could do that with additional material that would be great. Just e-mail them and I'll take a look.

Marvin

Marvin Kells
01-25-2010, 07:58 AM
Great stuff Marvin thanks! The tables that show the matrices of possible configurations continue to confound, especially when it comes to chamber length. Any idea what the date on the Jack Skeuse dealer letter is?

Dave,

Thanks for the comments and I agree. The number of configurations is pretty amazing given the total production numbers. Also, I found the "Drawing Board" information in the Shot Show Newsletter to be really interesting. Too bad none of their future plans were realized (I'd love to see a vent rib Repro).

Sorry, but no idea on the date of the letter. It is just one of the items I've found and collected over the last few years.

Marvin

Marvin Kells
01-25-2010, 08:19 AM

I wonder, too, if any of the forum members has the original magazine article? I think it is the Jan/Feb 1996 issue of Shooting Sportsman (SS). I'd love to get a clean, color scan of the article. The one I have is a B&W copy of a copy of a copy.

Marvin

Joe Bernfeld
01-25-2010, 08:52 AM
Marvin, I have the Oct./Nov., 1988 Shooting Sportsman magazine with an interview of Jack Skeuse about the Repros, if that's the article you are referring to. I don't remember reading any other SS articles about them. I could take a pic and email it to you if you'd like, but I don't have any way to scan it. I'm pretty sure there was no article in 1996 as that would have been 7 years after they were discontinued. Someone had better thank me; I seem to be the only one here with no "thanks!" :shock: Nice collection of brochures. I have a few old letters and I'll see if I have any brochures or newsletters that you haven't posted.
Joe

Marvin Kells
01-25-2010, 09:12 AM
Marvin, I have the Oct./Nov., 1988 Shooting Sportsman magazine with an interview of Jack Skeuse about the Repros, if that's the article you are referring to. I don't remember reading any other SS articles about them. I could take a pic and email it to you if you'd like, but I don't have any way to scan it. I'm pretty sure there was no article in 1996 as that would have been 7 years after they were discontinued. Someone had better thank me; I seem to be the only one here with no "thanks!" :shock: Nice collection of brochures. I have a few old letters and I'll see if I have any brochures or newsletters that you haven't posted.
Joe

Joe,

I'm proud to be the first to give you a "Thanks"! :rotf:

The article I was referring to is the one at the link above. I'm not sure it was Shooting Sportsman but there is an "SS" at the bottom of one of the pages (as was the date).

Pics of the articles should work, just shoot them a little large so I can crop them etc. for the posting.

Thanks again,

Marvin

Bill Bolyard
01-25-2010, 09:53 AM
Marvin,

Why don't you start a album?

Bill

Greg Baehman
01-25-2010, 02:01 PM
I wonder, too, if any of the forum members has the original magazine article? I think it is the Jan/Feb 1996 issue of Shooting Sportsman (SS). I'd love to get a clean, color scan of the article. The one I have is a B&W copy of a copy of a copy.

Marvin

Marvin, the article you're referring to is actually from the Feb. 1996 issue of Shotgun Sports Magazine, my copy is also a B & W copy of a copy.

Robin Lewis
01-25-2010, 02:29 PM
Marvin has allowed me to post his Parker Reproduction Story on our site as an Album, which will allow us to find it easily in the future.

Thanks again Marvin, nice collection.

Dean Romig
01-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Thank you Marvin!!