Back room available for selling and displaying
Non-members $26 per hundred sporting clays
All SxS’s welcome
For information contact:
Chuck Bishop
pgcaresearch@verizon.net

Harold Lee Pickens
02-14-2014, 11:51 AM
I like that price Chuck. Sure beats $60 for 50 targets, and close enough to drive to that morning.

Dave Suponski
02-14-2014, 08:31 PM
Hope to see ya there guy's!

Chuck Bishop
02-14-2014, 09:50 PM
Harold, you'll have a good time. It's my kind of shoot, you don't have to keep score:rotf:

Dave, looking forward to seeing you and hopefully a few other New Englanders.

Eric Eis
02-15-2014, 09:41 AM
[QUOTE=Chuck Bishop;130723]Harold, you'll have a good time. It's my kind of shoot, you don't have to keep score:rotf:

Chuck, that's why we love to shoot at Drakes Landing during the Southern, no score cards are allowed.....!

Rich Anderson
02-15-2014, 10:55 AM
Eric I keep track of your hits at Drakes......it's easier that way:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Chuck Bishop
03-17-2014, 09:01 AM
Getting close! To the top.

Mark Ouellette
03-17-2014, 09:18 AM
Annual Central Pa SxS shoot
Harrisburg, Pa.
April 5, 2014
Blue Ridge Sportsman’s Assn.
http://www.blueridgesportsmanclub.com/
9am to 3pm
Sporting Clays

Non-members $26 per hundred sporting clays

All SxS’s welcome

pgcaresearch@verizon.net

Chuck and all,

If the price is correct at $26 per hundred targets this is the best deal of any SxS shoot! I hope all that are within a few hours may be able to attend.
Mark

Daryl Corona
03-17-2014, 10:30 AM
Yep Mark, the price is correct. Chuck does a great job organizing this event and the course is one of the best is these parts. We are blessed in this area with a number of great local clubs offering good targets at a reasonable rate due to the local sportsman associations running these clubs with all volunteer labor. Please join us if you can.

Chuck Bishop
03-17-2014, 05:19 PM
As Daryl said, most of the clubs in the area either trap, skeet, or sporting clays is volunteer except for one local sporting clays club that is privately owned. Blue Ridge is all electronic, no target setters needed. Most trap clubs charge $3.00 per 25 the last time I've shot. Also we're lucky because the cost for reloading supplies is about the lowest in the country.

Dave Suponski
03-17-2014, 07:09 PM
Gotta love Penn....:)

Marc Retallack
03-17-2014, 08:37 PM
We also have some pretty good trout streams as well. My favorite is just a valley or two over from Blue Ridge Sportsmans. If anyone is coming a day or two early and would like to add some fly-fishing to their trip, I'd be glad to provide information or take them out for the day.

Marcus

Chuck Bishop
03-17-2014, 09:01 PM
Marc, some day if my legs get better, I'll take you up on that offer. I've done some fresh water fishing for bass but I've never touched a fly rod!

I hope you can make the shoot, you live so close but we've never met.

John Dallas
03-17-2014, 09:21 PM
$3 for 25? Wow! Aren't targets about $.12 each these days?

Chuck Bishop
03-17-2014, 10:10 PM
John, I don't know the price of a case of targets but the clubs usually get a trailer load at a time. It helps to have the White Flyer plant local, cuts down on the transportation charges.

Marc Retallack
03-17-2014, 10:44 PM
Chuck, it'd be my pleasure to get you on the water with a fly rod in hand whenever you feel up to it.

Twenty years ago, I did a lot of smallie fishing on "The River". It's a shame what happened to that fishery.

Unless something changes in the next couple weeks, I plan to come and embarrass myself at the shoot.

Dave Suponski
03-30-2014, 09:56 PM
Chuck, Larry and I will be coming down on Friday late afternoon. Can't wait to shoot this great course again! See you guy's soon!

Daryl Corona
03-31-2014, 09:22 AM
Chuck, Larry and I will be coming down on Friday late afternoon. Can't wait to shoot this great course again! See you guy's soon!

That's great news Dave. Can't wait to see you both.

Chuck Bishop
04-01-2014, 10:50 AM
Only a few days left until the shoot. The weather so far is holding up. Partly cloudy in the am, and partly sunny in the pm. High temp near 60 degrees.

We're planning on having a group picture at 9:00 am. I'm suggesting shooters shoot the sporting clays and wobble trap in the morning, have lunch, then shoot the 5 stand in the afternoon. Blue Ridge has a very challenging 5 stand.

Usually after the shoot is over a bunch of us go to Arroga's sports bar for wing and other things. Their wings and pulled pork are outstanding.

See you there!

Chuck

Bill Murphy
04-01-2014, 11:27 AM
Chuck, where is the "local" White Flyer plant located?

Chuck Bishop
04-01-2014, 03:23 PM
Bill, it's in Coal Township near Shamokin

Bill Murphy
04-01-2014, 07:54 PM
Thanks, Chuck. I had no idea that there was a plant there.

Daryl Corona
04-05-2014, 09:40 PM
A big thanks to Chuck for another great shoot at Blue Ridge SC. I'm guessing about 25 or so shooters braved a cold and windy day in PA but that did'nt dampen the fun (much). It was great to see some old faces and some new and thanks to Larry and Dave for making the drive down from CT. Hope you are feeling better Chuck, Chip, Chas. or whatever you are answering to today. :bigbye: Can't wait till next year.

Dave Suponski
04-05-2014, 10:19 PM
Thanks Daryl, I have agree Chuck does a great job with this shoot. It was great seeing and shooting with old friends and making a few new ones especially after the winter we all have just had. Just a great time... No pictures yet...I left my camera in Larry's truck......

Chuck thanks for all your hospitality once again!

Chuck Bishop
04-06-2014, 03:02 PM
My thanks to everyone that attended. Really, I don't do anything other than set a date and advertize it on the various associations web site. Blue Ridge does the rest so they should get the credit. They enjoy hosting us.

I tell Zip, the target setter, to lighten up on the targets for us poor to average SxS shooters. He says he does but his definition is different than mine. You should hear the comments on the 5 stand targets. Challenging to say the least.

My camera's battery went dead, if anyone took pictures, please post them.

P.S. I'm still cold!

Robert Rambler
04-06-2014, 04:48 PM
Camera just starting to thaw !:)

Click pic twice to enlarge.

Daryl Corona
04-07-2014, 08:48 AM
Chuck;
The credit belongs to you for setting everything up and we all appreciate it.:bowdown: Sorry you did'nt get to shoot with us and I hope you are feeling better. Yeah, my toes are now thawed.

Eric Eis
04-07-2014, 10:31 AM
Looks like a fun course, and most everyone seems to be smiling dispite the weather...

Dave Suponski
04-12-2014, 09:01 PM
Got the camera back today so here are a few more pictures of Chuck's shoot.

Dave Suponski
04-12-2014, 09:03 PM
And the best for last....Larry Frey attempting to do a research letter with Chuck looking on.

Larry Frey
04-12-2014, 09:38 PM
I guessing if Chuck new what a slow typer I was he would not of had me attempt a letter for a gun that was back to the factory three times. This experience gave me an even greater appreciation for the work that Chuck and Mark Conrad have done and continue to due for this Organization.