PDA

View Full Version : no 2 buckshot

charlie cleveland
01-19-2010, 08:51 PM
i had a hankern to load some 10 ga rem hulls yesterday. thought i would load up some 2 7/8 in. in buckshot. i started lookin for my bukshot but could not find them . so i borrowed some from 3 inch 20 ga shells. what was strange they said no 2 buck on them. there was 16 pellets to the load. i then loaded up 35 grains of blue dot with sp 10 wad. i then put the 16 pellets and the buffer out of 20 ga shell into 10 ga hull. i then shot this load in a 10ga jp claybourghs and sons gun.i shot this load at 40 yards. target was a9 inch plastic plate put 4 pellets ist shot. then 3 pellets and then 4 pellets agin. this old gun dont have much coke but i thought it done good.this would be a good varmint load.i had not heard of no.2 buck before has any body else used no 2 buck befor. thanks charlie

E Robert Fabian
01-19-2010, 10:18 PM
I've heard of it before Charlie but have never shot it. I have shot coyotes with #4 buck in a 20 ga though, worked well, the coyote was about 100+ yrds. and I looked down the side of the barrel and aimed about 8' high after the shot the coyote ran of, the next day a friend after hearing my story saw a coyote eating something at the edge of the field, he walk down to see and it was that coyote half eaten.

charlie cleveland
01-20-2010, 10:37 PM
buck shot in a tight choked gun willkill critters father than you think they would. ireally like the no 4 buck especially in the 3 1/2 inch 10 ga. i have killed several deer with that load.wish you could have got that othercoyote. charlie