PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Cup 2014

Bill Murphy
01-01-2014, 04:13 PM
Ray has done it again. As always, everyone in the world knows when and where the Vintage Cup will be held, but the Vintagers website says nothing about it. Does anyone know when and where?

paul stafford jr
01-01-2014, 07:10 PM
how about Michigan for a wonderful change

Dean Romig
01-01-2014, 07:12 PM
Haven't heard or read a word.

Bill Murphy
01-02-2014, 10:49 AM
I understand that nine months is a long way away, but we all know that Ray knows when it is going to be. Some years, he hasn't posted dates on the Vintagers site three months ahead of the shoot. I emailed him and hope to get a reply.

Rick Losey
01-02-2014, 11:34 AM
and the Addieville East Farm site has it's 2014 calendar up on their site - with two September events listed - but not the Vintagers

John Truitt
01-02-2014, 02:13 PM
Mr Murphy,

Myself and others have tried to contact Ray P.
No luck recently.
Melanie said they were in negotiations but that was months ago.

I did hear that it may be done and not to repeat in 2014. But that has not been confirmed.

Bill Murphy
01-02-2014, 07:46 PM
Rick, I also noticed that Addieville's website doesn't mention the Vintagers, either 2013 or 2014. That may be a clue. I wonder if the PGCA BOD will make a decision that doesn't include Addieville if Ray doesn't get off the pot fairly soon. I really like the Fall Southern and Rick Hemingway. At some time in the future, the Eastern Panhandle Shoot will be in the running. There are a boatload of Parkers close by.

David Dwyer
01-03-2014, 07:04 AM
Rick Hemmingway has also not announced a date for the 2014 Fall Southern nor is there any mention of it on Backwoods or Deep River web sights. I asked if they were having it again and did not get an answer. I did hear though that a double gun event at Drakes Landing, NC, was in the works for the last weekend in Sept.
David

Mills Morrison
01-03-2014, 09:43 AM
It sounded like there were too many fall double gun events in 2013 and probably not a bad thing that some are thinning out. Drake's is a more central location than Backwoods or Addieville

Bill Murphy
01-03-2014, 11:11 AM
The reason that Rick Hemingway does not announce early in the year is that he has had the SC State NSCA shoot for several years, and last year, had the NSCA U.S. Open, which are more important to him than the Fall Southern and their schedules are not always engraved in stone early on. Rick not only does his best to schedule as early as he can, he also moved the Fall Southern up to accommodate bird and waterfowl hunters who complained about the original scheduling. Attend the Eastern Panhandle Shoot this year and see what you think about the location and the facility for the PGCA meeting. I will have a date for you very soon. Look for it here.

Mills Morrison
01-03-2014, 11:20 AM
Hope to be able to attend the Eastern Panhandle Shoot. Also hope the Fall Southern continues at Backwoods

Fred Verry
01-03-2014, 12:26 PM
Bill, I believe the panhandle shoot is scheduled for May 15-17.

Dean Romig
01-03-2014, 12:50 PM
It sounded like there were too many fall double gun events in 2013 and probably not a bad thing that some are thinning out.

DingDingDingDingDing..... We Have a Winner Folks! Mills hit it right on the head! That's what we've been saying since September.

Mills Morrison
01-03-2014, 01:45 PM
Where's my prize?

David Dwyer
01-03-2014, 01:47 PM
You married her!!:)

Bill Murphy
01-03-2014, 02:55 PM
Double gun events don't have to be as involved as the Southern or the Vintagers. I think there is room for a few more regional events. The Southern, April 25-27, the Eastern Panhandle, May 15-17, and the Northeast, June 6-8, are a little close together, but they are in a pleasant part of he year, and are probably the most fun shoots of all side by side events. Well, maybe not the Southern for shooting, but for looking at guns, and the Challenge, it qualifies as lots of fun. For those who live farther north, there are a whole different group of shoots. Just pick the ones you like. The big question is "Where will the PGCA meeting be?"

Dean Romig
01-03-2014, 10:08 PM
The big question is "Where will the PGCA meeting be?"

Yet to be determined but will be announced... it's only the first week in January and we have a lot on our plates. Not that the venue for the Annual Meeting isn't one of the most important, but we are still discussing and weighing all possibilities.