PDA

View Full Version : The Good Captain...

Don Kaas
01-03-2010, 09:14 AM
Our boy Destry has had a rough Holiday season. His dear Mother has been quite ill. His (our) faithful Mitchell's Bay guide has been arrested (again) and struck from the licensed guide list. Nevertheless, Destry will soon and once again don his fanciful alternative persona of Capt. Adam Bogardus in order to attempt to gain The Sterling Watch in another of his series of matches against the formidable, Fred Kimble. Now lately of Vienna, GA rather than Peoria, IL, Fred aka our own John Davis awaits Parker in hand to venture north to battle Bogardus...Nevetheless, it appears (one of) Destry's(many) quests may have been fulfilled. Timely intervention on-line by an oft disappointed backer of Bogardus in an auction against the evil denizen of the Doublegun BBS, the Malevolent Memphian, one "Homeless Joe" was successful and DeHo will finally have his W&C Scott, "BOGARDUS CLUB GUN"....Capt. B was an early innovator of product tie ins and promotion...like his nemesis "Doc" Carver, Bogardus was a great shot but essentially a self-promoting "carny". His association with the great firm of Scott has left us with these little artifacts of his simpler world, like this 10 bore:rolleyes:

Dave Suponski
01-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Destry,Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery for your Mom.

Don,How about some more pictures of that great find!

Dean Romig
01-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Destry, Keep the Faith and I wish a complete recovery for your Mom. These things take our complete focus and it is a fine son who will drop everything for his "Mom.

Best, Dean

Don Kaas
01-03-2010, 11:31 AM
DeHo's new gat...

Destry L. Hoffard
01-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Thanks all for the kind words, Mother has improved slightly and they've suggested that another 10 days or so might see her headed home from the hospital. I stayed south as long as I could, finally had to come back to work. I'll head down again possibly this coming weekend, just talked to her on the phone and she sounded a bit stronger.

To Mister Kaas,
I'm stunned to say the least, Id looked at the gun but considering how things have been going I just wasn't even thinking about finding the money to win it. We'll discuss getting square on the matter when I see you in the East in a couple of weeks hopefully. Many thanks my friend, you are one of a kind.

Best Regards,
Destry aka Bogardus

Bruce Day
01-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Sounds like Don did indeed do a good turn for Destry. Those of us with aging and declining parents understand the troubles and concerns and I wish Destry and his mother the best.

Ben Yarian
01-04-2010, 09:28 PM
Destry, I wish your mom and family the best and a speedy recovery. will keep her in our prayers.

Ben

Francis Morin
01-05-2010, 08:50 AM
Count me in the "Well-Wishes" gruppen. Some history inded with that shotgun, if they could only talk!!