PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Parker Poster

Bruce King
12-27-2009, 05:26 PM
While not a Parker owner (that will happen in time), I have a 2 year old son named Parker and am looking for a Parker poster for his room. I've scowered the web and the only one I found was $11000! Not quite what I had in mind. Alternatively, if I could find a high resolution digital image with the woodcock in the forum's header, I could print that out and frame it.

Any suggestions as to where i could find either a poster or the image?

Robin Lewis
12-27-2009, 06:35 PM
There is one listed in the PGCA store (see link off the parkerguns.org page).

Dean Romig
12-27-2009, 06:36 PM
You should buy the "Tarnation!" poster for his wall. It will certainly give him the "itch" for Parkers as he grows up.

Bill Murphy
12-27-2009, 07:45 PM
Hey, where did you see that $11,000 poster. We would all like to take a look at that one.

Dean Romig
12-27-2009, 08:03 PM
Bruce, will this work for you?

Bruce King
12-28-2009, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the reference to Tarnation (not sure how I missed that) and the scanned image. Great poster and image but ideally I'd like to find something in color - being for a kid's room and all.

The other poster I found for $11K is also from 1922. The link is below.

http://www.gunrunnerauctions.com/store/index.cfm

Any other ideas about the color images at the top of the website?

Bill Murphy
12-28-2009, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the link to the $11,000 Parker poster. The Sharkey poster of squirrels is a rare and valuable poster, but not worth the asking price on the collector market, especially in this depressed market. Maybe one of our readers would let you know what they are really worth. This poster has been reproduced, most recently by Ed Muderlak. Maybe Ed still has one or two left. His email address may be available and someone would post it for you. The last email address I have for him is knightofthetrigger@yahoo.com. An earlier reproduction of this neat poster is full sized and a good buy at about $200. Maybe a member would sell you one. It is not a PGCA print. Can't remember who did it, but it would always be worth what you pay if you frame it and keep it in good condition. There are other Parker posters that you can see in The Parker Story. The Wood Duck poster is especially rare and attractive. I "did not buy" one about 25 years ago, never saw another one offered for sale until a couple of years ago. I thought I had found a second example, but they turned out to be the same poster after passing among several owners.

Bruce King
12-28-2009, 10:52 PM
Thanks Bill. I'll reach out to Ed.

Bill Murphy
12-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Hey, members, what is the poster that was available at a "very reasonable" price at an annual PGCA banquet a couple or few years ago? I'm sure every attendee took advantage of the deal and some would part with the poster at a reasonable price.

Eric Eis
12-29-2009, 12:06 PM
Bill when was that, as I must have missed it and I haven't missed a meeting in five or six years... If I had known about it I probably would have bought it, which poster was it?

Chuck Bishop
01-30-2010, 05:24 PM
Bruce, I've got a Tarnation Print, brand new, that I'll sell for $100.00 if your interested. BTW it is in color.

Bill Murphy
02-14-2010, 05:03 PM
I think the poster that was distributed at a very reasonable price at an annual meeting may have been the Tarnation poster. Who has one of those?

Dean Romig
02-14-2010, 05:53 PM
There was some talk some time ago about reproducing the squirrel poster... what ever became of that?

Chuck Bishop
02-14-2010, 06:31 PM
I think the poster that was distributed at a very reasonable price at an annual meeting may have been the Tarnation poster. Who has one of those?

Bill, just look at the post right above your last one and you'll have the answer to your question:shock: