PDA

View Full Version : Fall Southern Side by Side 2013

John Truitt
06-28-2013, 09:17 PM
Just a reminder that the Fall Southern side by side is coming up soon.
It is SEPTEMBER 13TH TO THE 15TH.

This will be the sixth year of this great event. The shoot is in Georgetown, SC at Backwoods Quail Club, which is owned and run by Rick Hemingway.
Rick is a very strong supporter of the PGCA and he and his staff go out of their way to accomodate us and make sure the event is top notch and very well run. Each year this shoot gets better and better.
go to www.backwoodsquailclub.com and look under the upcoming events section for shoot info.
The registration form can be found at the following:
http://southernsidebyside.com/assets/files/Fall%20Entry_Form%202013.pdf

Several of our SC native PGCA members always man a wonderful display table and there always seems to be a great number of friendly PGCA members at the event.

David Dwyer
06-29-2013, 09:33 AM
Friends
There will be a gathering of Parker people Fri evening at Backwoods to just celebrate the Parker Gun. This is for anyone that is a PGCA member or owns a Parker Gun.Food and refreshment provided. This is just an informal gathering to have fun!!
David

Ed Blake
06-29-2013, 09:10 PM
What is the name of the motel in Georgetown? Is it a Comfort Inn? I need to make reservations.

John Truitt
06-29-2013, 10:14 PM
Ed I believe it is the Quality Inn.

Bill Murphy
07-01-2013, 08:05 AM
There is a Hampton Inn just across the street from the Quality. I think it has been built since we started coming to the Fall Southern.

David Dwyer
07-01-2013, 08:44 AM
The Hampton and the Quality are both nice, owned by a friend of mine, across the street fro each other, just different price points and quality. When you make a reservation ask for the Backwoods rate.
David

Tom Carter
07-01-2013, 09:09 AM
I heard a very reliable rumor that there might be a Nashville quality Pickin And Grinin Band at the Friday evening get together at Rick's shoot. I heard them once before and they made this old country boy smile a bunch. Cheers, Tom

Bill Murphy
07-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the information, Dave Dwyer. The Quality in Georgetown is very nice, but the Hampton is another option for those who have a Hampton VIP card or whatever. Since Linda and I stay at the Hampton in Sanford and like it a lot, we may switch over to the Hampton in Georgetown.

Tom Carter
07-01-2013, 05:46 PM
Mr. Bill, I'm glad to hear you and the Lovely Linda are coming. Cheers, Tom

John Truitt
07-01-2013, 06:26 PM
The shoot is approaching soon and will be here before you know it.

Please take a look at the Backwoods website and the Southern side by side website for shoot info and registration.
I have always registered at the shoot. So I know that can be done.

John Truitt
07-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Big thank you to Robin Lewis for posting the Fall Southern side by side in the PGCA calendar section.

Again dates are September 13th to the 15th 2013.
(Friday to Sunday)
Last year we started on Thursday for some of the prelim events. I have been told we can do that again this year.

Backwoods Quail Club located near Georgetown, SC

www.backwoodsquailclub.com

http://southernsidebyside.com/assets...orm%202013.pdf

Paul Stafford
07-08-2013, 11:12 PM
I'm going to have to clear the schedule to see if I can make this shoot. Sounds like a great time.

David Dwyer
07-09-2013, 07:46 AM
Paul
Backwoods is one of the top sporting clays courses in the country with a great staff and owner. Georgetown is a nice southern town with good restaurants and two good motels, Quality Inn and Hampton Inn. The best part though is a great group of Parker guys gather and we have a lot of fun!
David

Larry Frey
07-09-2013, 09:31 AM
Paul
Backwoods is one of the top sporting clays courses in the country with a great staff and owner. Georgetown is a nice southern town with good restaurants and two good motels, Quality Inn and Hampton Inn. The best part though is a great group of Parker guys gather and we have a lot of fun!
David

Aside from a really great shooting venue, Georgetown also offers some really good restaurants. Deb and I enjoyed some very nice meals during our visit last fall.

Tom Carter
07-09-2013, 10:19 AM
Mr. Frye, Come back again this year. We still have great food and great shooting. Cheers, Tom

John Truitt
07-20-2013, 03:39 PM
Bringing this to the top again.

David Dwyer
07-20-2013, 03:50 PM
There will be a very nice full page article in the coming Parker Pages . Pg 17, on this event. I have heard from a surprising number of people that are planning on attending . Our Friday evening "Parker Celebration" should be a ball!!
David

Mills Morrison
07-21-2013, 02:28 PM
We will be there for sure

Destry L. Hoffard
07-22-2013, 04:43 PM
Right in the middle of early goose season......

DLH

Rich Anderson
07-23-2013, 04:28 PM
Early Goose and the 15th is Grouse opener. I haven't missed one in decades and don't intend to start now:nono:

There will be a gathering of Parker shooters at camp on the 14th food and refreshments will be available:rotf:

John Truitt
07-28-2013, 08:39 PM
46 days and counting till the Fall Southern side by side.
Hope everyone who wants to make it can make it.

David Dwyer
07-30-2013, 12:12 PM
Friends
Sothebys Real Estate here in SC has volunteered to sponsor our Friday evening "Parker Gun Celebration" The owner, Phillip Lammons, is a Parker shooter, accomplished country song writer and git picker. He will have several of his Nashville friends with him to play some Bluegrass" and help us enjoy the gathering.
This is going to be fun!!!
David