PDA

View Full Version : Open LC Smith shoot in Nov

John Truitt
06-09-2013, 12:22 PM
This years LC Smith Annual SxS Turkey Shoot will be open to shooters from other organizations and other SxS makers.

It is being held at M and M Sporting Clays in Pennsville, NJ on Saturday November 16th, 2013.

I just recieved a flyer yesterday. The shoot consists of the following:
1. 75 bird Main Event
2. 50 bird Hammer Event
3. 50 bird 16 gauge
4. 50 bird 20 gauge
5. 50 bird 28 gauge
6. 50 bird 410
7. 30 bird two man team flurry

$25 for the 50 bird events and $49 for the main and $40 to re shoot the main.
Many awards for each event.
I heard Anthony Matarese (sorry about the spelling if I got it wrong) will be setting the targets.
Should be a fantastic shoot.

Dave Suponski
06-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Don't think I ever shot in NJ. Hmmmm..

Chuck Bishop
06-09-2013, 03:43 PM
I believe the Matarese family owns M&M. I here it's a great place to shoot. Those are more reasonable target prices.

John Truitt
06-09-2013, 05:03 PM
Yes Mr Bishop they do. I have never been to M and M yet but I have heard it is one heck of a nice facility and they really know what they are doing.

I am really looking forward to this event. I am glad the LC guys opened this event up to everyone. Should be a great event.

Robert Rambler
06-09-2013, 07:12 PM
I have shot there with the Grouse Hall club. A very nice facility, shooters will enjoy the course.:)

http://www.mmhunting.com/sporting-clay-fees

Dave Suponski
06-09-2013, 07:24 PM
Where abouts in NJ is M&M?

John Truitt
06-09-2013, 07:40 PM
Pennsville, NJ

Daryl Corona
06-09-2013, 07:58 PM
It is a great place to shoot and finally some reasonable prices on targets. It's an easy club to get to and there's a killer Italian deli down the road. See you there.

Larry Frey
06-09-2013, 09:30 PM

My thoughts exactly.:)

Daryl Corona
06-09-2013, 09:41 PM

Well..... You and Larry will just have to make this shoot then you two can scratch NJ off your list. It would be fun to beat the LC boys at their own shoot.:cool:

Frank Srebro
06-10-2013, 07:56 AM
I live in PA and have shot NSCA sporting clays competitions about 20-24 times at M&M. It's a wonderful facility, not only the huge course but also the clubhouse and facilities. It's south of Phila as a landmark, and easy to access from I-95. For anyone who is "edgey" about taking shotguns into NJ, both the local and state police are familiar with the club and its operations. I've seen police directing traffic at the entrance to the club during large shoots. And I've NEVER heard of a responsible shooter being hassled even at hotels in the area where cased shotguns are commonly brought into rooms same as people bring in suitcases. And i've seen stacks of cased guns here and there in the lobby of hotels in the mornings as shooters were headed to M&M for day 2 or 3. No problems over the 12 or so years since my first registered shoot there. M&M has hosted not only its own tournaments but also the NJ State SC Championships, Zone and regional Shoots, the US NSCA Opens and many others I've probably forgotten. This is the first vintage SxS shoot I've seen advertised there and I'll try to massage my calendar to get that date open for the event.

John Truitt
10-28-2013, 06:25 PM
Bringing back to the top. Looks like a great shoot.

Frank Srebro
10-30-2013, 01:44 PM
** DELETED **
I decided to delete my reply because I'm not sure i had the correct info.

John Truitt
10-31-2013, 11:09 AM
Looks like a good one. I had no issues getting a hotel room at the Hampton.

Hope folks can make it.

Chuck Bishop
10-31-2013, 04:19 PM
Who is definitely going besides Dr. John? Saturday's in November is prime college football and I don't miss many PSU football games unless it's absolutely necessary! I may consider going if I know many of the Parker brethren are going to attend.

Dave Suponski
10-31-2013, 08:05 PM
Thinkin about it....:rolleyes:

Frank Srebro
11-01-2013, 07:00 AM
If anyone is a good shooter and looking for the "HOA" recognition, you'll have to shoot a LC Smith in the 75 bird Main Event and the 25 bird 5 stand (per the flyer for the shoot). The other makers are excluded. Also JFI, there is a two day NSCA registered tournament going on at M&M that weekend, and the FITASC event will also be shot on Saturday.

Just looking at the calendar, I will not be able to attend.