PDA

View Full Version : Hausemanns Hidden Hollow

Dave Suponski
05-27-2013, 10:20 AM
Just a reminder that the Parker Gun Collectors Association will have display table's set up at Hidden Hollow this coming weekend May 31-June 2. Stop be and say hello. There will be many PGCA members attending this event. This is a great shoot and there will be quality vendors displaying their ware's.

Rich Anderson
05-27-2013, 12:04 PM
Dave are you looking for anything in particular to display Parker wise?

Dave Suponski
05-27-2013, 12:39 PM
Rich, How about damascus/twist barreled guns? Bring that wonderful GHE damascus with all the bells and whistles. I haven't visited with it in a couple of years....:)

Rich Anderson
05-27-2013, 01:18 PM
I'll have several damascuss guns and I suppose I can add trhat one to the mix. Maybe I won't bring The Hollywood gun....the list gets longer and longer:)

Eric Eis
05-27-2013, 05:43 PM
Rich make sure you bring an extra case or two since you always find something to buy at this shoot.......

Rich Anderson
05-28-2013, 09:02 AM
The extra case is handeled:) I'm going to try very hard to be fiscally responsible this trip:whistle:

Chuck Bishop
05-28-2013, 10:05 AM
What's in those cases, Yuengling?:whistle:

Rich Anderson
05-28-2013, 10:23 AM
What in the hell is yuengling?? Have you been putting beer in with your Cherrio's?

Eric Eis
05-28-2013, 10:58 AM
The extra case is handeled:) I'm going to try very hard to be fiscally responsible this trip:whistle:

:rotf::rotf::rotf: "fiscally responsible", come on.......:shock:

Rich Anderson
05-28-2013, 12:49 PM
I said I would try to be good I never said I would be:whistle:

Brian Dudley
05-30-2013, 05:44 PM
See you all there! :bigbye:

Dave Suponski
06-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Danny and I had a great time as usual. Hanging out with old friends and making some new one's. Most notably was Harold Pickens a true gentleman. You never know what the weather is going to be like up in the beautiful mountains of northeastern Penn. and this year it was hot! Damn hot! But no matter a wonderful weekend! Here are a few pictures I only took a few but I know Mark O was lighting up his camera all weekend.

Pictures 1 and 2 Parker table and tent.
Picture 3 Dean, Allan and Egger.
Picture 4 Dean,COB,Harold Pickens,Rick Losey
Picture 4 Mr. Double Lab

Rich Anderson
06-03-2013, 04:26 PM
It was definately a great time as always. My best purchase of the weekend was a pair of shorts at Wallmart:rotf: Its hard to belive that all that fun is over with for another year. I can't complain (really I can but to what point) as I have done three shoots in about 5 weeks time. Is this a great summer or what???:bowdown:

edgarspencer
06-03-2013, 04:34 PM
Although it was a bit of a hike to the Plastic Potty

charlie cleveland
06-03-2013, 05:17 PM
my what a spread you got there..you know how to live it up out in the bush...i swear you have made me hungary just lookin at that fryin pan...way to go... charlie

Daryl Corona
06-03-2013, 05:37 PM
Eggar;
Did'nt you have Mr. Purtil's clays chariot for the potty runs and the use of the entire woods for relief of said duties? I think you had the best room in the house. Thanks for showing that awesome VH. What a find! This certainly has turned in to the best shoot of the year for me. Harold Pickens is now hooked. He wheeled and dealed like the best of them this weekend and truly is a gentlemen. Great to see everyone there and if you missed it I'm truly sorry that you could'nt make it. George P. shot his 10ga hammer really well on some tough targets and it was a blast shooting with him, Harold, Rich and Rick Losey. Eggars friend Alan had a beautiful H&H 16ga. and was his campmate. Can't forget to mention George's VH28, the 3rd. one made. Wow... what a weekend. See you all next year.

edgarspencer
06-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Eggar;
Did'nt you have Mr. Purtil's clays chariot for the potty runs and the use of the entire woods for relief of said duties? I think you had the best room in the house.
The beer relief trips into Sherwood Forrest were appropriate, however mine fields at 5 AM are not my thing. Amenities not withstanding, I have to agree. Summer time just isn't the same inside a stale hotel room.

Larry Frey
06-03-2013, 07:40 PM
Deb and I had a great time at this event. Even though it was very hot, this was the first time since we've been going that we had three straight days without rain. This was the first year we were able to stay and shoot the Main Event (80 targets) on Sunday and it was a real pleasure to shoot with the boys from up north, namely Scott, Pete, and Frank. Thanks to everyone who helped out at the Parker Booth and we are already looking forward to next year. We enjoy shooting there so much we are planning to attend the Endless Mountain Side X Side Challenge in August later this year.

Rick Losey
06-03-2013, 08:13 PM
It was really good to see everyone again and meet some new friends.

lots of good stuff to look at, I did take a deep breath and passed on a print, but on Kevin McCormack's table I found a project case that will fit the newest other project :rolleyes: (note to self -enough projects going on for now)

some repairs, new straps, new lining - a label - and a match is made

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/setterw/IMGP4315_zps0949f578.jpg

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/setterw/IMGP4316_zpsa886eaac.jpg

Rich Anderson
06-03-2013, 08:48 PM
Rick what print did you pass on? Carol Lauder had a very nice Grouse print of two dead birds but I can't remember the artist. It was reminisient of an oil painting that hangs in my Moms home. I bought the print and asked her to keep it for me. When I went to get it on Sunday it was gone:shock: She was very apologetic and refunded my money but that print would have been nice in the cabin.

Rick Losey
06-03-2013, 09:11 PM
Rich;

there were several good ones - but I liked the rather rustic one of the hunters leaving the buggy in the road to get the dogs on a covey while the farmer can't get by on the bridge. - and I looked real hard at the small Osthaus of the setter with the grouse in his mouth, then realized the framing was throwing me off - I have that one on the living room wall :) it's part of a 1905 set.

I also saw the exact replacement hammers I wanted, unfortunately they were attached to a rather nice gun but no one would loan me a screw driver and distract the owner while I "shopped" :whistle:

Rich Anderson
06-03-2013, 10:33 PM
I looked at the print you described also, just no where to put it really and it was to nice to put up at the cabin.

allan.mclane
06-03-2013, 11:26 PM
Gentlemen & Ladies, All,

The whole weekend was a wonderful first clays and collecting outing for me and I thank you all for making a stranger feel welcome. I can't say, however, that my own shooting performance in any way matched the elegance of your skills and camaraderie!

And no, Rich, you may not butt in line ahead of my daughter for that H&H!

Allan

Dean Romig
06-03-2013, 11:45 PM
Hi Allan. We had a great time shooting with you. It's always good to meet and get to know a fellow Vermonter. I hope you can get to Addieville in September for all of the fun and festivities.

Best, Dean

Dave Suponski
06-03-2013, 11:49 PM
Allan, It was great to meet and shoot with you. And to think you live around the corner from my brother. Small world ain't it...:rotf: Just remember next time we shoot together you ain't the new guy anymore.....:rolleyes: That only works once!

Eric Eis
06-04-2013, 09:13 AM
So Guys where are the photos.....(yes I know Dave posted a couple, big deal ! ) I want to see what I missed..:corn:

edgarspencer
06-04-2013, 09:15 AM
And no, Rich, you may not butt in line ahead of my daughter for that H&H!

Allan
Rich, if we're gonna do a deal, hurry up. I've got that Holland here, but only for a couple more days.

Daryl Corona
06-04-2013, 09:18 AM
You know what you missed Eric..... another great time.:crying: The pictures won't do it justice.:nono: We really missed ya but I know family trumps all.

Dean Romig
06-04-2013, 09:19 AM
Mark took hundreds of pictures. I'm sure he will be posting a bunch of them here.

Mark Ouellette
06-04-2013, 10:07 AM
I am still processing those photos and will soon post in a new thread.

Mark

Eric Eis
06-04-2013, 10:10 AM
Mark took hundreds of pictures. I'm sure he will be posting a bunch of them here.

Well he has had a day.... so where are the Pics. :rotf:

Daryl, Sunday was a special day and it went off without a hitch and it was fun, but next year "I will be there" ! Way too much fun and I miss seeing all the great people.

edgarspencer
06-04-2013, 10:15 AM
Way too much fun and I miss seeing all the great people.

I'm confused; which one was great?

Eric Eis
06-04-2013, 10:31 AM
I'm confused; which one was great?

Be nice Edgar, all of you guys and gals are great....Really missed being there but seeing your daughter graduate with honors was a little special too and made missing the shoot an easy choice. Next year.......

Dean Romig
06-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Seeing your daughter graduate with honors was a little special....

Reinforces the knowledge that you've done it right! This is truly the frosting on the cake of being a parent. Congratulations to the parents!

Dave Suponski
06-04-2013, 01:17 PM
Big deal huh? Okay buddy....we'll see....:rotf:

Brian Dudley
06-04-2013, 01:30 PM
It was so nice to see some of you again and to meet others for the first time! It was. Very fun weekend!

Harold Lee Pickens
06-04-2013, 05:15 PM
Rick,
wished I had known you needed a screwdriver, I carry a big tool kit in the back of my truck. I could have created a diversion outside the tent and ----
no, just cant see you doing that. Great to meet you and shoot with you.
Thanks for sharing the Balvene. Scratch that dog behind the ears for me.
Harold

Rich Anderson
06-04-2013, 06:16 PM
Big deal huh? Okay buddy....we'll see....:rotf:

:vconfused:

Harold Lee Pickens
06-04-2013, 11:34 PM
One of the more memorable events of the weekend was Daryl and Rich working over the waiter at Olive Garden while Mark played the straight man.
Priceless.

Dave Suponski
06-05-2013, 02:49 PM
A couple of pictures from Chuck.
1) Frank Finch of the LC Smith Collectors Association and Myself

2) Left to Right Sorry but I don't have a name,Bill and Linda Murphy, Sandy and Robert Rambler,Margaret Bishop,Dave and Danny Suponski,Dean and Kathy Romig,Kevin McCormack and Chuck Bishop our research chairman.

Eric Eis
06-05-2013, 02:59 PM
A couple of pictures from Chuck.
1) Frank Finch of the LC Smith Collectors Association and Myself

2) Left to Right Sorry but I don't have a name,Bill and Linda Murphy, Sandy and Robert Rambler,Margaret Bishop,Dave and Danny Suponski,Dean and Kathy Romig,Kevin McCormack and Chuck Bishop our research chairman.

Dave you forgot the Dogs name...:rolleyes:

Robert Rambler
06-05-2013, 06:18 PM
The fine gentleman without a name is Fred Verry, and the white Poodles name is Remy.:) :)

Dave Suponski
06-05-2013, 06:31 PM
Thanks Bob and my apologies to Mr. Verry and Remy..:)

Robert Rambler
06-05-2013, 06:47 PM
No apology needed, I don't think anyone was slighted by the oversight. I know Mr. Verry would gladly shake your and hand, and Remy would happily lick you face.:rotf::rotf:

Chuck Bishop
06-05-2013, 10:17 PM
That's Dave (Hollywood) Suponski, in case you don't recognize him behind the dark glasses:rolleyes:

Dean Romig
06-05-2013, 11:44 PM
Well then, somebody should give him a Hollywood Gun.

Rich Anderson
06-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Dean there is only one Hollywood Gun and I'm not giving up:nono:

Larry Frey
06-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Rich,
How about some pictures of that sweet little 20 gauge you picked up at Haussmans?

Rich Anderson
06-07-2013, 05:59 PM
Larry, just for you here are some pictures of a Charles Boswell damascuss 20ga with ejectors that followed me home from Hausmanns. She weighs just 5lbs 7oz and is choked IC/M. Grouse season is but a scant 100 days away.
I wasn't looking to buy anything but when I put her together and shouldered her she wispered in my ear "Please take me home with you, I want to go Grouse hunting" The stock isn't much to look at so I won't cry to badly if it gets scratched but IMHO that forend tip is simply amazing.

Daryl Corona
06-07-2013, 06:06 PM
I certainly would'nt be ashamed to take her to the prom. The case it came in was just awesome.