PDA

View Full Version : The West Virginia Shoot

Bill Murphy
05-16-2013, 08:43 PM
We were there, displayed some guns, will display more tomorrow. I will let someone who is more involved with the PGCA booth than I am describe any interesting guns that came in off the street. I will be waiting. It will be quite the story.

Bill Murphy
05-17-2013, 08:13 AM
Look in the hammer gun subforum for pictures of "what walked in".

Robert Rambler
05-18-2013, 08:01 AM
With Bills permission,A few pics from the shoot.

1 Prospect Hall

2 Parker display

3 Vender tent

4,5 Pretty Parkers

Robert Rambler
05-18-2013, 08:08 AM
A few more.

1 Shooters on the clays course

2,3,4 zz birds and field

Robert Rambler
05-18-2013, 08:14 AM
1 Part of Hunters course

2 Rack of nice wood

Bill Murphy
05-18-2013, 09:00 AM
If running this shoot wasn't enough work for Chuck, he is going to bring guns out today to display. What a guy.

Mills Morrison
05-18-2013, 09:15 AM
I need to move to Virginia or Maryland so I can be within driving distance of all these great shows.

charlie cleveland
05-18-2013, 12:09 PM
that makes two of us mills... those were great pictures and what a pretty course to shoot on i envey you guys... charlie

Harold Lee Pickens
05-19-2013, 09:05 AM
I certainly had a good time and learned a lot. That's me putting a gun in the rack at the PGCA booth. There were some empty spots so I got to put out my little straight grip 16 0 frame DHE and a restored VH 20. Sadly, all my money came back home with me. The guns that really turned my crank were ones that friends had brought to shoot.

Daryl Corona
05-19-2013, 09:14 AM
Harold;
It was nice meeting you and finally putting a face with a name. Actually you were better looking than Rich said you were.:) I wish more PGCA members would attend these events as I'm sure they would enjoy them as you would. Hope to see you soon.

Mark Ouellette
05-19-2013, 09:39 AM
I agree with Daryl, It was an absolute pleasure meeting and shooting with Harold. It was also good to once again talk to Mike Smith, Bill Murphy, Kevin McCormick, Roger Blain, Robert Rambler, Chuck Bishop, Chuck Brunner and Mrs. Brunner, George Blair, Milt Fettermen, Jonathon Engle, and a dozen other Parker, LC Smith, Fox, and Lefever guys whose names escape me at this moment.

During the weekend fine Parker left my care taking but it was replaced with an absolutely wonderful Lefever D Grade 12 gauge 30" and a very early push lever Lefever E Grade 10 gauge with 36" barrels! A gun that escaped me was Author Dubray's WC Scott pigeon gun. It was prices at $14,000 and looked very much like it was only 20 years old. The price seemed rather high until I shouldered it! Wow! What a gun... :whistle:

These SxS events are not about the shooting although that is a big part of it. They are not about seeing and shouldering amazing guns like the one of two ever made Parker B Grade 8 gauges. They are not about the gun selling, trading, and collecting that we all love to do. No gentlemen, these modern day rendezvous are about camaraderie with like minded fellows. I encourage all of you to join in at upcoming shoots such as Hausmenn's Hidden Hollow May 31 to June 2, the new Northern shoot in Wisconsin on Father's Day weekend (hey, I didn't pick that date), of the Duluth shoot 18-20 July. Add to them local shoots and your summer will be full!

Mark

Daryl Corona
05-19-2013, 09:56 AM
Could'nt agree more Mark. You deserve credit for keeping Rich out of trouble this past weekend.:eek: You must be a good influence on him. Also thanks ahead of time for your and Mike's pictures which I know will be fantastic. It really sucks that I missed Friday's events. ( This work thing really sucks). I hated to miss the free food event that the Va. Vintagers put on plus all the camaraderie which is the real reason I attend. You guys are the best. By the way, Mike Smith shot the main event and scored a respectable 62/85 (I think) with his CE Fox. Way to go Mikey! See you all at Ernie's.

charlie cleveland
05-19-2013, 10:19 AM
how about a picture of that lefever with the 36 inch barrels...sounds like you boys have a grand old time at these events and sounds like a little gun tradeing goes on.... charlie

Rich Anderson
05-19-2013, 05:47 PM
A little trading ALWAYS goes on and I'm still thinking on the WC Scott gun that was ordered for our own Mr. Arthur DuBray. What a great gun, the engraveing is the finest I have seen and just to add insult to injury it fits like a glove. If it had been a 16 I'd be headed for debters prison but even for a 12 its a great gun and even the Parkers would welcome it into the safe:)

Mills Morrison
05-19-2013, 08:09 PM
Good luck Rich. It looked like a beautiful gun even without the provenance

Bill Murphy
05-19-2013, 10:05 PM
The Dubray gun is a great piece of Parker history, but a bit pricey. Maybe someone will love it enough to negotiate a deal.