PDA

View Full Version : Parker Ejectors

gregg conley
12-17-2009, 06:40 PM
I have an ejector that has been kicking every time I remove the forearm. It is now to the place where it will not stay cocked, and I can't get the forearm back on. What is worn that wont keep the ejector hammer cocked and who on this forum do you recommend to fix it. I would like to do it myself but it looks very complicated and probably would require special tools. Thanks.

Dave Suponski
12-17-2009, 07:03 PM
Greg,Sounds like a worn ejector sear. I am sure there are others that are able to fix the problem. But I would have Del Grego do the work as he has parts if they are needed.

Don Kaas
12-18-2009, 11:02 AM
Dave's advice is spot on. I would not use Parker ejectors as a do-it-yourself project. They are a bit complicated. I know many very competent gunsmiths who do not (or will not) work on them. DelGregos have bins of parts for them

maxcreigs
02-23-2010, 07:44 AM
There is a very helpful forum dedicated completely to Parker Ejectors.I have been searching a bunch of forums about it and one of the things I have read is that you should never post a serial number.You need to take the barrels off and look on the water table the flats on the receiver.

Francis Morin
02-23-2010, 03:50 PM
Mr. Kaas is right on the money- Del Grego the parts and knowledge, and the Parker ejectors require a watchmaker's precision touch- ditto the Alan Lard LC Smith single trigger- No place for an amatuer.

I wondered about the entire serial number of a fine double on any website or discussion forum- there are "trollers" after Walleyes, and "trollers" after confidential information with an eye to possible "no good deed"-- I feel safe in posting here on the PGCA: the GHE project Parker- with VH No. 2 barrels and a later series GH buttstock- so three sets of numbers- Austin Hogan was kind enough to print that story a few issues ago- I also posted the sn of a PH 16 on the O frame (about the same vintage as the GHE 12 bore- 1905-1908 herein- without concern.

HOW-SOME-EVER-- I would NOT do that elsewhere. Perhaps the safest way for you to proceed is to send in a research letter and your check to our Committee- safe as houses, if the records are available for your Parker you'll have your answer(s), and if not, you'll receive your check back uncashed an a letter of explanation- Win-Win all the way--:rolleyes: