PDA

View Full Version : Good Lord!

Sean Harper
12-13-2009, 12:07 AM
I'm so close! Can anyone tell me how to remove the rest of the housing on my parker? The lifter is prohibiting the bottom plate from sinking far enough, and the top plate sits just right so it won't pull off. I have removed every evailable screw I see. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/1345/cimg4436l.jpg (http://img697.imageshack.us/i/cimg4436l.jpg/)

Austin W Hogan
12-13-2009, 03:00 PM
The lifter releases the bolt by acting as a cam. A 4 40 screw across the yoke of the bolt rides on this cam to pull the bolt back.
Lift the lifter button with your finger while looking into the small hole in the stock that is just behind the lock cut on the frame. You should see the end of the bolt, and the 4 40 screw, which is headless with a small screw driver slot. Remove the screw and push the bolt forward into the frame. The lifter button and floor plate should now come out.
This easier than it sounds; clean the slot with a pick before trying to unscrew it.

There is a picture of this on the old forum.

Best, Austin

Sean Harper
12-13-2009, 04:23 PM
Thank you Austin!. I found the screw, removed it. Now though, the lifter is stuck in the up position. I have attempted to push the little bolt reciever into the hinge area, with no avail. The whole thing, now seems stuck. Just frozen... I have applied more oil in the hopes of loosening. Perhaps you have a theory?

Thanks, Sean

Harry Collins
12-13-2009, 04:36 PM
Sean,

When in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.....

Harry

Sean Harper
12-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Sean,

When in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.....

Harry

I'm hoping an extra beer will help.:)

Robin Lewis
12-13-2009, 06:29 PM
Extra? I didn't know why :rolleyes: but I never seem to have "extra" beer. I alway have the "last" beer?:cheers:
I hope the beer work! Good luck.

Austin W Hogan
12-13-2009, 08:19 PM
I think you may have trouble because the trigger plate and frame were separated when you began to release the bolt. Try to put the frame back into the stock, and the trigger plate back into the frame. A few gentle taps may be necessary.
The bolt will hang up if it has side force. Try giving it a tap with a dowel. The lifter button
and cam should slide freely out of the trigger plate releasing the rest of the parts.

Best, Austin