PDA

View Full Version : Parker Repo with beaver tail forearm

dennis stowers
12-09-2009, 01:11 PM
I have seen some adds for 28 ga. Parker repo's that state " RARE BEAVER TAIL FOREARM " JUST WONDERING HOW RARE THIS IS ? I have a 28 ga Parker Repo with 26" barrels , choke Q-1 Q-2 with double trigger , staight stock . Just wondering how rare this gun is . Thanks

Bill Murphy
12-09-2009, 02:21 PM
I would say one in ten to one in fifteen.

Dean Romig
12-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Dennis, that configuration is, in my opinion, the epitome of twenty-eight gauge Repros - for my purposes anyhow.

Bill Murphy
12-10-2009, 08:47 AM
That is a hard Repro to find in today's market. My first and only Repro was ordered in that configuration in a two barrel set. I have never felt the need to search for another Repro with the exception of the BHE .410 I ordered but did not receive.

Kenny Graft
12-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Very descriptive sales tool.....the fact is fewer BTF guns were made and even fewer with BTF and double triggers. Jack Skues tells me that about 50% of the repro's had double triggers in the DHE grade. WAY LESS DT guns come up for sale because the owners like them. I myself prefer DT because my original parkers are DT and do not want to confuse my mental train of thought when hunting and shooting. I don't even think about them triggers anymore, its an automatic selection. If the shot is long the left barrel ejects the empty...I did not even know I made that chioce till I opened the gun! Most hard to find repr's are in use or in private collections and not for sale. A better price will be paid for the gun a fella has been watching and weighting for. I have been seeing the used guns selling quite well at a good price as the buyers plan to use them anyway. Top dallar is being paid for the as new collector grade and scarce configurations. I see the big dealers jumping the asking price 500.00-1000.00 and even 2000.00 from the month befor on the repro's in any configuration on a regular basis. Overall this couses a small but regular increase in the market. Fewer deals can be found and those deals do not last overnight! I do not see any change in this trend, the supply can only get smaller and the demand only get bigger. I have been shooting my repro's and find them a joy to own. A quality item indeed with lots of hand work used in their production. A solid investment for the next 100 years or so. No one will ever make a parker this good at a price that could compair. The Parker that remington offeres made by Conneticut shotgun is 49000.00 and I can't see the value there! I will say that the original 5 repro prototypes that Tom Skues had made cost him 50.000.00 each! This paid for factory set up and tooling. The Parker reproductions by Winchester are a great value! Thanks all Kenny Graft SXS ohio...(-:

Donovan Kirkpatrick
12-10-2009, 04:23 PM
I have both a 20 and 28 ga. with DT, BTFE, Q1/Q2 and 26" bbls. Got them last year I think and the prices now are above what I gave for them. I must admit I like the 12 ga choked Q1/Q2 with a 14 1/8 LOP. Seems to fit me well.