PDA

View Full Version : Leather Slip-on Recoil Pads

Derrick Stewart
06-14-2009, 05:20 PM
Thinking about putting a Leather slip-on recoil pad on my DHE. Would like opinions good or bad about this style of pad.

Derrick

Dave Suponski
06-14-2009, 05:32 PM
I have used the Galco slip-on pads with good results...not crazy about the looks though.

Larry Frey
06-14-2009, 07:47 PM
The stretchy rubber slip on ones stay on well but are a pain in the a$$ to get on and off. I like the Galco pad as I can easily remove it for cleaning and storage.

Dean Romig
06-14-2009, 07:56 PM
I have been using the leather slip-ons with Velcro fasteners for years on all but two of my Parkers and find them very satisfactory. The also help to minimize wear to the butt plate and checkering in the SSBP.

Rich Anderson
06-14-2009, 08:01 PM
I have a leather slip on pad also. It's not the Galco variety as it has an elastic band at the heel that holds it. It works very well as does the Galco.

Ben Yarian
06-14-2009, 09:52 PM
I have 2 of the ones that Brownells sells. They are the lace up type, and leather. I like the looks of them and can put shims inthe butt to get my propper length of pull. The only down side is that the butt side is glued in to the rest of the leather and if you do a lot of shooting( I shoot about 6 to 8 rounds of skeet a week) the glue tends to let loose and I have to reglue it. Then that maybe a result of my putting the shims inside.
Other than that I like them.

Ben

E Robert Fabian
06-14-2009, 10:04 PM
I have four Galco slip on pads, I Like them as Dean said they protect your DHBP and add a little LOP. Got mine at Midway.
Bob

Jay Gardner
06-15-2009, 09:39 AM
3- Galco pads. They work fine and I like the fact they can be removed easily.

Derrick Stewart
06-16-2009, 08:05 AM
Thanks for everyone's comments. I think im going to order one from Tony this morning.

Ed Blake
06-16-2009, 11:14 AM
One thing about the Galco pads: they come in an XL size that fits the larger butts sometimes found, esp. on hammer guns. I have a non-Galco pad (disremember the brand) that is not quite large enough for a couple of my guns. I don't think Galazan's sells the larger pad that Galco does.

Derrick Stewart
06-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Ed,

I measured my buttstock and the large Pad CSMC sells is just large enough.